The Best Socks & Stockings for a Wedding
People at weddings wear compression socks and stockings for a number of reasons. Some of us have to wear compression socks every day, no matter what the occasion. Others prefer to wear compression socks and stockings when they’re on their feet for long periods of time. From cocktail hour to the dance floor, there’s plenty of time spent on your feet at a wedding. Swollen ankles and feet with tired, heavy legs are a common side effect to so much fun. Keep those legs energized, fresh and healthy with our list of recommended socks for men and women at a wedding.
Brides and Bridesmaids
Most likely you’re looking for a sheer stocking and possibly an open toe so that you can wear the perfect peep toe shoes. We recommend going with the one of the sheerest products on the market so they don’t take away from your dress:
- EverSheer by Sigvaris - This is available in 15-20 mmHg, 20-30 mmHg and 30-40 mmHg with open or closed toe. Added bonus – the thigh high has a pretty sexy top band.
- Sheer & Soft by Medi - This product is available in 8-15 mmHg, 15-20 mmHg, 20-30 mmHg and 30-40 mmHg with open or closed toe.
- Essential Sheer Open Toe by Allegro - Available in 8-15 mmHg, 15-20 mmHg and 20-30 mmHg, these are the softest and sheerest open toe option out there. Also available in closed toe.
Grooms, Groomsmen and Male Guests
Men have it a bit easier since most weddings require trousers that cover up your socks. No need to sacrifice fashion for happy feet, though. Here are our favorite men’s socks for weddings:
- Try Sockwell Socks for Men if you need a light compression to dance the night away. They’re available in Stripes and Geometric patterns.
- Therafirm CoreSpun Socks - These socks range in compression level from 10-15 mmHg, 15-20 mmHg, 20-30 mmHg and 30-40 mmHg. Plus, they’re available in white, khaki, navy and black to match your fancy, wedding pants.
- Mediven For Men - Available in a classic ribbed pattern and a newer, sleek waffle knit in 15-20 mmHg, 20-30 mmHg and 30-40 mmHg.
- Sigvaris Microfiber for Men - if you're looking for a handsome stripe to rock at the wedding, these are the socks for you. Available in 15-20 mmHg.
As a guest of the wedding, you have more liberty for flare in your sock and stocking choices. If you need a sheer stocking, check the options listed under Bride and Bridesmaids above. If you’re looking for something different (patterns, opaques and more!), check out the options below.
- Sigvaris Allure -Available in thigh highs and pantyhose, these stockings have a stylish diamond knit in the semi-sheer fabric. Perfect to add pizzazz to a little black dress. Available in 15-20 mmHg and 20-30 mmHg.
- Allegro Soft Microfiber - If you’re looking for a basic opaque stocking at a great price in multiple shades, check out the Allegro Soft Microfiber, also available in open toe!
- Allegro Microfiber Thigh Highs get amazing reviews, they are super soft and easy to get on. Available in 15-20 mmHg and 20-30 mmHg.
- Therafirm EASE Sheer Stockings in Patterns - available in 15-20 and 20-30 mmHg in an attractive diamond pattern.
- Try Rejuva KneeHighs - available in decorative, unisex patterns like houndstooth and herringbone. Match your socks with your partner and you will be the cutest couple on the dance floor (just be sure to not outshine the bride and groom).
- SoftFit Opaque Knee Highs by Jobst - These socks are soft and smooth and come in a variety of colors, like Cranberry, Pine Green and Navy. Also available in opaque and sheer, colorful pantyhose.