Warmer weather brings the opportunity to enjoy more time outdoors, including hiking. Whether you’re going on a light trail or tackling an all day, more challenging adventure, one item that you won’t want to forget are your compression socks. Your hiking clothing and gear are crucial to a successful hike and it’s very important that you bring the right items. The socks that you wear are no different.
Compression socks are specifically designed to improve circulation by applying pressure. This reduces discomfort and swelling, and keeps your legs and feet feeling energized and healthier so you can enjoy your hike, no matter how long or how difficult. Hiking can be a tough exercise, especially on longer or more difficult terrain. After a long day of hiking, your legs and feet can feel tired and sore. Wearing compression socks during your hike can help prevent these symptoms. Your legs and feet will still feel great, even after a long day! We’ve rounded up the best compression socks for hiking so you can stay healthy and strong on all your hiking adventures!
Allegro Cushioned Walking Sock
- Hydrotec Moisture Management polyester wicks away moisture and keeps your feet dry and happy on long walks. The seamless toe protects against friction and irritation, while the cushioned foot bed provides lasting comfort to support your feet. These socks will provide a comfortable experience on all your long hikes.
- With a mild compression level of 15-20 mmHg, these socks are great for those with medical compression needs, or those looking for extra comfort and added health benefits. For those who want a higher compression, the Allegro Athletic Support Socks in 20-30 mmHg are a great option. Tight-fitting compression also keeps socks from sagging, allowing you to protect your feet and legs. Made for both men and women, this sock is perfect for outdoor activities.
Sigvaris Merino Outdoor Socks
- Made with Australian Merino Wool, these wool compression socks offer an incredibly soft and comfortable material that is also extremely durable. Wool contains anti-microbial and thermo-regulating properties that keep your skin dry and clean, and also warm in cold weather, and cool in hot weather.
- This sock includes a 15-20 mmHg compression level, ideal for those who are new to compression. If you are looking for a higher compression level, the Sigvaris Merino Outdoor Performance Socks are available in 20-30 mmHg. The unisex color and sizes are perfect for men or women, while the compression improves circulation and relieves sore muscles. A cushioned, padded sole keeps you comfortable for hours, and mesh flex zones provide ventilation, keeping your feet dry and sweat-free.
CEP Women’s Outdoor Merino Socks
- Merino wool and soft silk provide exceptional comfort, while the high-tech functionality of the fibers provide extreme durability and strength. Thermo-regulating properties keep your feet warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather for optimum comfort, while antibacterial fabric eliminates odor-causing bacteria. Merino Wool also contains moisture-wicking properties that remove moisture away from your skin, keeping your feet dry and comfortable on long hikes.
- 18-25 mmHg of graduated compression keeps your legs healthy and energized by improving circulation during both performance and recovery, prevents swelling and discomfort, and provides maximum muscle stability to help prevent injuries. Padded zones provide comfort and relieve pressure in your feet, while the unique fit and design prevents blisters.
Sockwell Ascend II Socks
- Shown in the image above, this sock is specifically designed for hiking and outdoor activities. Super-soft Lambswool and Alpaca blend provides superior softness and comfort, and natural thermoregulation to wick away moisture for clean, dry feet. Mesh panels and flex zones promote breathability to reduce sweating and keep feet cool in hot weather. A seamless toe closure prevents any irritation on long hikes, while the cushioned sole and arch support provide comfort and durability.
- 15-20 mmHg compression improves circulation and energizes your feet and legs to keep you going. Graduated compression also reduces soreness, swelling, and fatigue. The non-binding top keeps the top of the sock perfectly in place throughout your wear. Available in both Men’s and Women’s styles with different color options, this sock is perfect for your hiking adventures.
- Made with Dri-release yarn, this fabric offers superior moisture control to keep your feet dry and comfortable all day long. The seamless toe prevents friction and irritation on long walks, while the 360 degree cushioning provides lasting comfort and durability. This sock will keep your feet cool and comfortable for hours.
- This ActiveWear compression sock provides a mild compression level of 15-20 mmHg for both Men and Women. 15-20 mmHg compression improves circulation, provides comfort, and reduces soreness to keep your feet and legs energized and healthy
Keeping your feet and legs healthy and comfortable is important during outdoor activities. The right pair of socks can take your hike to the next level by giving you the support and energy to keep going. Make sure to pack your compression socks when you’re heading out on the trails!